Hold on to those gently used bikes and bring them to one of our bike donation stations on Saturday, September 18 between 10am-2pm! We’ll have sites set up all over the city for your convenience.
• Delta Beer Lab (167 E. Badger Road, Madison)
• WPS Health Solutions (1717 W. Broadway, Monona)
• Lexus of Madison (8000 Airport Road, Middleton)
• Breese Stevens Field (Downtown) – back gate at the northeast corner near Brearly/Mifflin
• Madison College Truax Campus (1701 Pearson Street, Madison-LOT G)
• Salem UCC (502 Mark Drive, Verona)
• Starion Bank (350 S. Grand Ave, Sun Prairie)
DON’T HAVE A BIKE TO DONATE BUT STILL WANT TO SUPPORT OUR MISSION? MAKE A FINANCIAL DONATION
What happens to the bikes that are donated? Great question! We’ll store them in a warehouse from September to December. Then in January, we’ll have our bike shop open and will use mechanics and volunteers to help us refurbish the bikes. Then in April/May, we give them (yes for free!) to low income and diverse communities throughout Dane County. We also give helmets, headlights, taillights, and locks thanks to financial donations from people passionate about our mission.
In 2021, we set a new record for our number of bikes given away—2,021 bikes! Our goal for 2022 is to give away 2000 bicycles so we can use all the help we can get to give the opportunities of cycling and transportation to all who want it but cannot afford it. It takes a small army to make this feat a reality!