It’s that time of year where Free Bikes 4 Kidz Madison starts seeking their community partners to receive bikes in the spring! If you are connected to a school, community center, 501c3 nonprofit organization, we would love to give you bikes! Our mission is to give bikes to low income and diverse communities throughout southern Wisconsin.
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY IS FEBRUARY 19
CLICK TO APPLY FOR BIKES
Each year, we give away 2,000 bikes to community distribution partners who are willing to help us find the new owners of our refurbished bikes. We ask to have one point person at each organization since we’re working with 40+ organizations each spring. Here is a brief overview of the process:
• We will provide you with a registration sheet to collect names, ages, race, school attended, height and gender preference.
• Our contact at each organization will fill out the sheet and provide us with the completed form and the total number of bikes to receive.
• We will need to determine if your recipients will come and pick up their bikes on the far east side of Madison or if you will do a bulk pickup, meaning you will bring a truck and trailer and haul the bikes back to your organization for distribution.
• Once that is determined, we will get working on your bikes.
• Then we will provide you with a pick up time for your bikes.
It’s best to have a phone call first if you have never received bikes so we can review all of the details and ensure that you have the capacity to register recipients.