GEARING UP FOR THE NEXT BIKE DONATION DRIVE ON NOVEMBER 7th
If you weren’t ready to donate bikes in September, don’t worry! We’ll have another chance on Saturday, November 7th! From 12pm-3pm, we have nine bike donation sites setup throughout the area where you can drop off your gently used bike donations.
The list of donation stations for Saturday, November 7 12pm-3pm is below.
While the most important donation you can make is a gently used bike, the next best donation you can make is a financial donation! This allows FB4K to purchase all of the supplies to repair bikes and to hire mechanics and staff to get the work done. It costs us about $100 to give a bike away.
BIKES & BOOKS
We’ve invited a nonprofit partner to collaborate with us on November 7. We’re excited to partner with Madison Reading Project to give away bikes and books in 2021. In addition to collecting bikes we will also be collecting new and like new children’s books at all 9 of our Donation Stations. Madison Reading Project connects the community with free books and literacy resources that ignite a love for reading. For more information on what books Madison Reading Project is looking for, please read their donation guidelines.
• Country Financial-Chad Ford – 1777 W. Main Street, Sun Prairie
• Delta Beer Lab – 167 E. Badger Road, Madison
• First Weber Realtors-West Towne – 429 Gammon Place, Madison
• Forward Madison at Breese Stevens Field – 917 E Mifflin Street, Madison
• JLA Architects – 800 W. Broadway, Monona
• The Thirsty Goat – 3040 Cahill Main, Fitchburg
• Monona Fire Department – 1005 Nichols Road, Monona
• Verona Fire Department – 101 Lincoln Street, Verona
• Oregon Police Department – 383 Park Street, Oregon
FB4K Madison held it’s first bike donation drive in September over Madison Bike Week and it was a huge success! A goal of collecting 200 donated bikes was hoped for and with the help of Dream Bikes and Working Bikes in Chicago, 502 bikes were collected to be given away in spring 2021 for low income and diverse populations in Dane County.
Here are the results from area businesses who hosted bike donation stations in September. This is the number of bikes that individuals donated at each site:
• Delta Beer Lab – 67 bikes
• Slow Roll Cycles – 45 bikes
• Race Day Events/Griessmeyer Law – 32
• Keva Sports Center – 25
• Madison Mallards – 12
Thank you to Interior Investments for stepping up as our Transportation Sponsor!
Thank you to Alexander Company for providing the space at Northgate Shopping Center!